In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Gracious.
I apologise for not keeping my promise to post at least 2 posts per week. InshaAllah, I’ll make up for it this week as I am having my one week term break.
Today’s post is going to be about how to relay Islam to Non-Muslims Musa style. (All verses quoted are from Surah Taha unless stated otherwise)
Ways of da’wah…(A small meagre glimpse into the deep wisdom of the Quran)
1) Always pray to Allah Almighty to aid you in your quest (From Surah Taha, verses 25-28)
25) [Moses] said, “My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]
26) And ease for me my task
27) And untie the knot from my tongue
28) That they may understand my speech.
2) Do not do this alone. A helper is needed. A preacher to Islam needs support from others. Pray to Allah to provide you with this helper. This also teaches us to be non-arrogant in our quest. Always ask for help when you need it, even if you think you don’t, you still need it. We aren’t the only ones made responsible for this task to preach Islam.
From Surah Taha verse 29-32
And appoint for me a minister from my family –
Increase through him my strength.
And let him share my task
3) Purify your intention. Remember, it is only for Allah Almighty, to gain His approval and to glorify Him. Also remember that He is always watching you, guiding you in your efforts. This also means that He knows if you sin or if you are insincere.
Surah Taha, verse 33-35
That we may exalt You much
Indeed, You are of us ever Seeing.”
4) Never doubt even for an instance that your pleas go unheard and unanswered. This is evident in the next verse of the Surah Taha and also in Surah AlBaqarah, verse 186.
[ Allah ] said, “You have been granted your request, O Moses.
And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.
4) Never forget Allah’s blessings and favours upon you. Allah Almighty reminded Prophet Musa (as) in the Quran of the favours upon him, which are among them: (From Surah Taha)
And We had already conferred favor upon you another time,
When We inspired to your mother what We inspired,
[Saying], ‘Cast him into the chest and cast it into the river, and the river will throw it onto the bank; there will take him an enemy to Me and an enemy to him.’ And I bestowed upon you love from Me that you would be brought up under My eye.
[And We favored you] when your sister went and said, ‘Shall I direct you to someone who will be responsible for him?’ So We restored you to your mother that she might be content and not grieve. And you killed someone, but We saved you from retaliation and tried you with a [severe] trial. And you remained [some] years among the people of Madyan. Then you came [here] at the decreed time, O Moses.
5) We are made to spread Islam, we are nothing but a creation created by the creator, not that we are needed by Him as said in Surah Adh-Dhariyat, verse 55-58.
And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers.
And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.
and in Surah Taha,
And I produced you for Myself.
FYI: The verses before these verses tells the Prophet pbuh that he was not to be blamed if the people did not listen to him, as his task is only to remind.
In an earlier verse, Allah Almighty said in Surah Taha,
And I have chosen you, so listen to what is revealed [to you].
This means that as chosen ones, preachers to Islam must execute this responsibility given to them by their Creator, that is to spread Islam.
6) A preacher to Islam must always have Allah Almighty in his heart, he must never forget or neglect remembrance of The One who has our hearts in between his fingers (figure of speech).
Go, you and your brother, with My signs and do not slacken in My remembrance.
7) Most importantly, a preacher to Islam must never ever mock, tease, be rude etc. towards the one that he is preaching to. Even if he/she had said something bad/rude towards us or Islam, we must be patient as this is a test from Allah Almighty to see whether we are patient in spreading His religion or not. As said in Surah Muhammad verse 31,
And We will surely test you until We make evident those who strive among you [for the cause of Allah ] and the patient, and We will test your affairs.
With patience, InshaAllah, we will be rewarded with success in our affairs in both words InshaAllah.
A preacher also has to preach with gentleness so that the preached to will be reminded and fear the Only One that deserves to be feared.
And speak to him with gentle speech that perhaps he may be reminded or fear [ Allah ].”
8) Remember that Allah Almighty is always with you, so don’t be scared of what the preached to might do to you, as all matters return to Allah Almighty.
They said, “Our Lord, indeed we are afraid that he will hasten [punishment] against us or that he will transgress.”
[ Allah ] said, “Fear not. Indeed, I am with you both; I hear and I see.
9) Upon us is only to preach, the outcome lies with Allah, the Turner of Hearts.
As Allah had said in His Holy Book,
“.. upon you is only the [duty of] notification, and upon Us is the account…”
Surah Ar-Ra’ad, verse 40.
Don’t be sad or depressed when people do not accept your da’wah, as in the end, all affairs is up to Allah, the Disposer of affairs. We plan, He decides.
10) Most importantly, our foundation of Islam must be correct before we preach. This is evident when Allah Almighty told Prophet Musa (as) about the Oneness of Allah, the Only One that deserves the right to be worshipped, and that the Hour is coming, and nobody knows that but Allah Almighty himself and not to let those who do not believe in the Hour and who follows his worldly desires and lusts sway us from the Path to Eternal Salvation.
Surely I am Allah, there is no god but I, therefore serve Me and keep up prayer for My remembrance:
Surely the hour is coming– I am about to make it manifest– so that every soul may be rewarded as it strives:
Therefore let not him who believes not in it and follows his low desires turn you away from it so that you should perish;
From all the above ten points, it is evident how much we can get just from lightly pondering upon the verses of the Holy Quran. Imagine what we might achieve when we ponder deeply into this Glorious Words of our Beloved…
Lastly, all the good and beneficial above is from Allah Almighty while all the mistakes are from me, the weak and imperfect slave of the Master of all.